The story about the Rooster
Armattan Quads created the Rooster frame as an evolutionary step up from the Chameleon that in time turned out to be one of the best and most robust frames with features ahead of its time.
In a nutshell, they have upgraded the baseplate with removable arms and changed the aluminum camera protection cage on the Chameleon with a titanium one, but they have done that Armattan style; creating a frame that looks very nice and it is an excellent frame option for almost every freestyle pilot when starting a new build.
Why choose the Rooster?
What is so special about this frame? Why choose the Rooster instead the Reverb or maybe Ummagawd remix or even sticking with the old trusty Alien?
The main reasons that the Armattan Quads frames became so popular are the quality of the carbon, the overall frame finish and toughness, the flight characteristics and most important the lifetime warranty in case you break the frame.
My decision to buy the Armattan Quads Rooster frame was also based on the abovementioned reasons. Besides, a flying buddy was also going to order a Rooster. I liked the idea of ordering, building and flying two of them altogether and made a final decision to order it.
- 2x Camera-cage braces
- 6x 4mm button-head M3 iron bolts
- 8x 6mm button-head M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
- 6x 10mm button-head M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
- 10x 12mm button-head M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
- 10x M3 sunk-nuts
- 10x Nylock M3 nuts
- 6x 8mm M2 cup-head (camera) bolts
- 1x 28.6 Front standoff (silver)
- 2x Rear standoffs (black)
- 5x 6mm standoffs
- 5x nuts
- 5x 16mm button-head M3 iron bolts
- 1x 2mm Top (LiPo) plate
- 1x 1.5mm HD Cam plate
- 1x 1.5mm Small front (top) plate
- 1x 1.5mm Small rear (top) plate
- 1x 2mm Rear VTX plates (Standard and TBS)
- 1x 4mm Main plate
- 4x 4mm Arms – 5 inch or 6 inch
- 1x Lipo strap
- 1x LiPo foam pad
- 1x HD camera foam pad
- 4x Dog-bone landing pads
- 1x Molded rubber SMA grommet (included with standard VTX plate)
- 3x Molded rubber antenna tube mounts (included with standard VTX plate
Tutorial video of Armattan Rooster by Armattan Quads
Overview video by UAVfutures